Re: Strange Pam-Ldap authentication issue

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Joshua Pollak wrote:

> Hello, I'm sorry I know pam/ldap integration is passe, but I've got a
> strange problem. I've setup the padl libnss-ldap and pam-ldap, and
> everything seems to be working. I have all my user accounts imported into
> Ldap, and I've added one extra user account to LDAP (but not
> in /etc/passwd) to test with. Here is what I can and cannot do:
>
> - "finger test-user" works, and I get a listing of the shell, home folder,
> etc.
>
> - "chown test-user testfile.txt" does NOT work.

Educated guess: Does the LDAP client (the PAM stuff) bind itself to the
LDPA server? If not then can an anonymous user find the required info in
your LDAP server?

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)