Re: what is simple bind?

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> >I've read the FAQ and I used the ldapadd command
> >syntax as described there, (which didn't work) however
> >it did not mention -x (simple bind) at all.
>
> The FAQ details OpenLDAP 1.2 which doesn't require the -x.
> OpenLDAP 2.0 requires -x to avoid the defaulting to SASL
> based authentication and security services.

There is no OpenLDAP 2.0 FAQ tree. But I guess a number of items in the
FAQ are allready very much geared to 2.0 and perhaps it would be nice to
either drop the version number in the FAQ or split off a 2.0 branch and
move the relevant FAQ items.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)