Re: SQL backend for OpenLDAP

sj2@myflat.com wrote:

> I am sorry for the ambiguity in the posting. I want to use MySql as the
> backend-storage for my new LDAP server instead of using BerkeleyDB ldbm
> format.
>
> I have compiled OpenLDAP with the iodbc driver but how do i tell OpenLDAP
> to contact the MySql server and write its information to it?
>
> Siddhartha

So, that FAQ link below didn't convince you ;)? You will lose much flexibility,
and the performance, depending on your schema design, could well be worse...
This backend really might help if only you already have some data RDBMS, and
don't want to copy or migrate it, but just have access to it through LDAP.
But it's up to you anyway...

Now for your "how"... Please _READ_ Administration Guide and
servers/slapd/back-sql/docs/* - it is all you need ;)

WBW, Dmitry