Re: ldap-backend-sql

suresh wrote:

>  i was able to succesfully install the openldap.I changed the
> slapd.conf (the example itself)entries for dbname,dbuser,dbpasswdand i
> did a     /usr/local/libexec/slapd -d  5 and i got these results. I am
> using easysoft odbc-odbc bridge for cross platform database access
> which is working well
> backsql_open_db_conn: SQLConnect() succeeded with info:
> Return code: 1
> SQL engine state: IM002
> Native error code: 0
> default dr
> iver specified

As stated above, unixODBC manager could not find the DSN you specify.
This could be of a confusing historical reason - that dbname actually
stands for DSN, not the name of database (this was on the list, and
mentioned in instructions, but sorry anyway - I'm just going to change
dbname to dsn for quite a time ;).
Or simply make shure that you actually have such DSN defined in your
odbc.ini

Also note, that nobody has reported successfull use of OOB yet
(Openlink, Merant, and several plain unix drivers were ok), so if you
succeed, please send any OOB-specific tips you think would be worth
noting in instructions.

WBW, Dmitry