Re: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: DSA is unavailable

At 03:38 PM 10/9/00 -0400, Salvador Ramirez wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
> I'm getting the message error:
>
>ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: DSA is unavailable
>
>when I try to use ldapsearch, ldappasswd or any interactive command
>that needs modify the database and for which needs the Manager's password.

The above message only occurs when you are using SASL bind (no -x option).
It usually means that certain attributes, such as supportedSASLmechanisms,
were not available to the client.

>I saw this same problem on the FAQ but from ldap_bind function.

I believe the issues regarding SASL bind have been discussed on
this list.  Check the archives.

>Is there something special that needs the authentication sasl to bind
>to the ldap server?

Yes.  See archives for past discussions on how to make use of Cyrus
SASL w/ OpenLDAP.

Kurt