ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: DSA is unavailable

Hi everybody,

 I'm getting the message error:

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: DSA is unavailable

when I try to use ldapsearch, ldappasswd or any interactive command
that needs modify the database and for which needs the Manager's password.
I saw this same problem on the FAQ but from ldap_bind function. I
am sure that slapd is running and also I used -h option indicating the
actual host where the ldap server is installed and running.
Is there something special that needs the authentication sasl to bind
to the ldap server?

     "Don't listen to what I say; listen to what I mean!" --Feynman
Salvador Ramirez Flandes        PROFC, Universidad de Concepcion, CHILE
http://www.profc.udec.cl/~sram                mailto:sram@profc.udec.cl