Re: schema problems - remoteSource?

> I have recently saw a post regarding which attributes Netscape and Outlook can
> use.  I decided to try to use some of these, such as OfficeFax, otherMailbox,
> and homepage.  ldap_add() in php wasn't allowing me to add these fields and so
> I thought that I needed to add some more schemas.  I went and looked at some
> of the microsoft.schema files.  Here is what I currently have in my
> slapd.conf:
>

> include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
> include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
> include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
> include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
> include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/microsoft.ext.schema
> include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/microsoft.schema
> include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/microsoft.std.schema

The comments at the top of the microsoft*.schema files say they are
"provided for informational purposes only".  It is not surprising they
do not work.  For one thing, they define the objectclasses before the
attributes, which is the first part of your problem.  The second part
of your problem will be that the attributetype SYNTAX lines enclose
the syntax oid in apostrophies, and OpenLDAP schema syntax does not
like the apostrophies.  After deleting the apostrophies, I get
/server/local2/etc/openldap/schema/microsoft.schema: line 21: Syntax not found: "1.2.840.113556.1.4.906", which is about as far as I go.

If you can figure out what that syntax (for builtinCreationTime) is supposed
to look like, perhaps it would be easy enough to write one or substitute
another for the time being.