Re: ldapsearch question

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Jim Hud wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij's web site
> http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/Netscape_and_OpenLDAP_v2/using.html says:
>
> <<<
> 4. Using LDAP with Netscape
> 4.1. Verifying the database
> You should now verify the content of the LDAP adatabase by isuing a command
> like: ldapsearch -D "cn=Manager,dc=vanderkooij,dc=org" -W
>
> The output should be similar to the LDIF data we inserted.
> >>>

> but my SuSE 6.4 running 2.0.4 does not give any data unless -b
> 'dc=domain,dc=com' is added.
>
> If I query another ldapd server (Microsoft Exchange 5.5) then I get all the
> data.

In general the use of the -b parameter should be considered close to
mandatory. I'll adjust the documentation accordingly. (Working on it right
now in fact with some changes.)

I just don't know why it works in some case but doesn't in a lot of other
cases.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)