Solaris with gdbm LDBM install problem

I tried to follow the directions below to resolve the same error he was
getting but the ONLY file I can find is
any help would be greatly appreciated.
$ uname -a
SunOS netman 5.7 Generic_106541-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
$ env
$ echo $PATH
$ tail -20 config.log
configure:6695: checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm
configure:6714: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib
conftest.c -lgdbm  -lresolv -lgen -lnsl -lsocket  1>&5
gdbm_open                           /var/tmp/ccbpaiqu1.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
configure: failed program was:
#line 6703 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char gdbm_open();

int main() {
; return 0; }
configure:6749: checking for gdbm.h
configure:6759: gcc -E -I/usr/local/include conftest.c >/dev/null
configure:6786: checking for db

Title: RE: Problem in configure openldap on Solaris 2.7
You are quite right. Useful info is found in config.log. The configure
script try to compile a nd link a conftest.c which refers gdbm_open(), but
is not find in libgdbm. The problem in my case is that gdbm installation
only creates libgdbm.so.2.0.0 in /usr/local/lib, where the compile command
uses -lgdbm. After I made symbolic link to libgdbm.so, works.
However, using db2 has slightly different problem. The configure script
finds the right now trys to link to -ldb, and get error for "db_open... no".

command "nm libdb.a |grep db_open" list only __db_open but not db_open. This
will surely cause failure.
Is this a bug in configure or due to changes in db2 ? I use BerkeleyDB3.1.17
downlowded from Sleepycat.