OpenLDAP - LDAP Clients - NTDS

Lately I've had to deal with the...errmmm...joys that come along with
Windows 200 and NTDS (I refuse to give into marketing and call it Active
Directory! Blah! This e-mail has been tainted by the mention of marketing
and thier dumb terms for otherwise good ideas...)

After adding a bunch of users via hand vis MMC (Microsoft Managment
Console), I wondered what an LDAP query whould show. Well, the NT server
definitly gave me something. Nothing really useful anyway.

Anyway, the only time I got it to show me anything was when I didn't bind to
it as a user. I'm guessing that if I want it to show me something useful I
have to be using kerberos. I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny
this, I haven't had time to rebuild gq with kerberos support.

Anyone know of any *NIX LDAP clients that can be used with NTDS? Seems if
Microsoft wanted to crush Novell all they would have to do is tweak NTDS
just a little to make it cross platform. It's rather well done. Much better
than NTLM (NT4 Domains)

Ahhh...the quest for the holy grail that is cross platform authintication
continues...

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX:132)
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (FAX)  763-428-9126
21801 Industrial Blvd       | (PCS) 612-306-6055
Rogers, MN  55374           | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
begin:vcard
n:Zbikowski;Andrew
tel;pager:612-306-6055
tel;cell:612-306-6055
tel;fax:763-428-9126
tel;home:763-591-0977
tel;work:763-428-9119
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.ltiflex.com
org:LTI Flexible Products;Information Services
adr:;;21801 Industrial Blvd.;Rogers;MN;55374;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:andyzb@ltiflex.com
title:Computer Systems Administrator
x-mozilla-cpt:;-13248