Re: Configuration Query

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 SBLAKE@uk.ibm.com wrote:

> What I want to do though is have the access controlled by the Open LDAP
> srever. I have setup another server and it is running SLDAP. And I have
> defined some users within the SLAPD.conf. Now I am stuck. How do I link the
> servers together? Does the File Server (Samba) need a client version of
> LDAP running? Or can I define the "Samba" shares on the server running
> SLDAP; if so how do I do this?

If samba uses PAM you could make the following setup

SAMBA ==> PAM ==> LDAP

Combined with the notes someone made to have PAM check if you are on the
right systems this could be a nice step towards a complete solution.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)