Newbie question: how do i solve the "no such object" problem ?

I've compiled+installed openldap without any problem. But whenever I try to
do something via ldap it always
gives me "no such object".

Now, I've followed EXACTLY the "quick start guide" and get the following

Everything uptil step 7 (after make install) works perfectly, even make test
didn't given an error.

I've just kept the original slapd.conf file (so for instance my rootdn is :
"cn=Manager, dc=my-domain, dc=com").

ldapsearch -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts
gives me the correct result: dn: dc=my-domain,dc=com

Next, I'm entering an ldif file.
This is the one I've created:
dn: dc=my-domain, dc=com
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: Test domain
dc: my-domain

dn: cn=Manager, dc=my-domain, dc=com
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

And I'm entering it with the following command:

mrtg_server:/usr/local/etc/openldap# ldapadd -x -v -D "cn=Manager,
dc=my-domain, dc=com" -W -f /tmp/test.ldif
ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
Enter LDAP Password:
add objectclass:
add o:
        Test domain
add dc:
add dn:
        cn=Manager, dc=my-domain, dc=com
add cn:
"dding new entry "dc=my-domain, dc=com
ldap_add: No such object

ldif_record() = 32

What am I doing wrong ???????
Do I need to do anything else ???

Tom Wuyts

PS: I'm using Slapd 2.0.3 on a linux box.