Re: [Fwd: migrating data from 1.2 to 2.0]

-- Start of included mail From:  Pierangelo Masarati <pmasarati@bci.it>

> Date:  Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:13:03 +0200
> To:  "J. Cameijo Cerdeira" <ariedrec@esoterica.pt>
> Subject:  Re: migrating data from 1.2 to 2.0

> "J. Cameijo Cerdeira" wrote:
>
> > What's the preferred way to migrate the data? I've an 85 meg id2entry file
> > and a lot of indexes and it turns out that it takes almost three days to
> > reconstruct the whole thing with slapadd (sigh). shall I import the ldif data
> > first and create the indexes afterwards?
>
> I guess you should do a /usr/sbin/ldbmcat -n of your file
> (ldbmcat works with OpenLDAP 1.x), then a slapadd of the
> LDIF file resulting from ldbmcat. Note that slapadd replaces
> ldif2ldbm for OpenLDAP 2.0
>
> Bye, Pierangelo
> <ando@sys-net.it>

-- End of included mail.

I have a nearly 400MB id2entry.dbb under OpenLDAP 1.2.11, and it takes
under two hours to slapadd it into 2.0.  Either something is wrong,
or you have some wicked substring indexes happening.  I have 30 index
files along with id2entry.dbb, but I use substr sparingly, because they
create large index files which are slow to generate.

Randy