Re: rootDSE

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> Looks like I misread the question.  This answer applies to:
>   Do you know how to create and modify information IN the root DSE?

My apology for the confusion.  This is the question that I'd like to find
an answer to.  I made a poor assumption that the root DSE has an empty dn.

> >I am trying to setup Solaris 8 nss_ldap and openldap.
>
> If you have any nss_ldap specific issues, please direct them
> at <nssldap@padl.com>.

Solaris 8 has a native support for nss_ldap and it works correctly, at
least it does with the netscape directory server.  I'd like to use
OpenLDAP instead. :)  The program that initialises ldap client machines
(ldapclient) retrieves information from the root DSE.

Your information has been very helpfull and I appreciated your help.

-igor