[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: search speed
a few things that I found pretty effective were:
Do not use syslog to log LDAP messages to instead setup logging in a
Reduce the level of logging for slapd.
And of course re-indexing the database etc which you have already done.
I found that adjusting the logging parameters was the most effective thing
to do. I was running this "test" server on a 486 DX2 and I managed to get
the response time from around 2 seconds down to less than half a second!
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
> [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of
> Tonny Holdorf
> Sent: Tuesday, 29 August 2000 12:13 AM
> To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
> Subject: search speed
> I'm developing a web based ldap application where I need to
> do 4-5 searches
> to build my webpage. The searches I do are all base searches,
> that only
> return one entry. I'm using Perldap and I cannot get the
> search time below
> 100 miliseconds for each search. For comparison, I've tested Netscapes
> Directory Server that performs about 10-20 times faster,
> completing each of
> my searches at about 5-10 miliseconds. I've tried to increase
> the cache, to
> index attributes but it doesn't seem to help. Does anybody
> have a clue as to
> how I can improve OpenLdap's searchtime.