[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

search speed


I'm developing a web based ldap application where I need to do 4-5 searches
to build my webpage. The searches I do are all base searches, that only
return one entry. I'm using Perldap and I cannot get the search time below
100 miliseconds for each search. For comparison, I've tested Netscapes
Directory Server that performs about 10-20 times faster, completing each of
my searches at about 5-10 miliseconds. I've tried to increase the cache, to
index attributes but it doesn't seem to help. Does anybody have a clue as to
how I can improve OpenLdap's searchtime.