Re: nscd throttling when high ldap use occurs

Cliff Friedel wrote:

> Hi all.  I realize that this isn't really an LDAP problem, but I am
> wondering if anyone has seen this.

We don't know if it is an OpenLDAP problem or not.  I have seen it
happen several times over the last 12 months or more.  Stopping nscd
improves the stability of the system, but I am not sure it fixes it,
maybe only hides it.

I have not been able to gather enough information to diagnose the
problem: it only happens to me in production machines where I cannot
lose much time diagnosing it while the system is hosed and the load
through the roof.  That, if I even manage to login.

So I would be very much interested in any light shed on this.

Julio