[Date Prev][Date Next]
Newbie install problems
- To: OpenLDAP Software <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Newbie install problems
- From: Remo Del Bello <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:15:43 -0700
- Organization: Dailey & Associates
- User-agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
I am very new to both Unix system administration and LDAP servers so I hope
you will forgive my ignorance and help me out.
I have a BSD/OS 3.1 server on which I am trying to build and install
OpenLDAP 1.2.11. I followed the directions in the Quick Start Guide at
"make depend" and "make" completed successfully (I made no changes to the
default configuration). But when I run the test suite I get the following
>>>>> Starting test006-acls ...
running defines.sh . ldbm
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Running ldif2ldbm to build slapd database...
Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9009...
Testing slapd access control...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Using ldapsearch to retrieve all the entries...
>>>>> ./scripts/test006-acls failed (exit 1)
*** Error code 1
I'm afraid I don't know where to start to decipher what is wrong. Any help,
recommendations or RTFM (as long as you point me to the manual!) would be
Remo Del Bello