Re: PAM problems with login... Please Help (fwd)

On Mon, Aug 14, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> > Am seriously wondering if there is something wrong with SuSE 6.4 and login.

I don't think so.

> Is SuSE's login pam'ed?

yes.

> > I would love to see what you have for the following:
> >
> > /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
>
> Shouldn't matter, it's only used for ldapsearch etc...

Wrong. It's a generic ldap client configuration file.
Either nss_ldap and pam_ldap are using it.

IMHO to use PAM with OpenLDAP or UMICH you have to add at least the
following option to /etc/openldap/ldap.conf:

pam_crypt       local

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger