Re: Killing slapd on FreeBSD 4.1

For discussion and patch, see:

I imagine this will fix will make it into FreeBSD soon...

There is also another band-aid patch floating around that hacks a
workaround into OpenLDAP itself.

Urban Lindberg wrote:

> Hello
> I read about problem when using
> kill -HUP slapd.pid
> Now I'm experiencing them myself. Has anyone heard anything new?
> I see I can kill it with
> kill -QUIT slapd.pid
> But that might not be a good idea?
> By the way How to stop slapd should be in the manpage for slapd!!
> Can anyone tell me how it is supposed to work?
> Bye for now
> /Urban

  Charles N. Owens                               Email: owensc@enc.edu
  Network & Systems Administrator
  Information Technology Services  "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's
  Eastern Nazarene College         best friend.  Inside of a dog it's
                                   too dark to read." - Groucho Marx