Re: PAM problems with login... Please Help

Quoting Cliff Friedel <cliff@wrkcs.net>:

> Can somebody please send me an example of what they have in their
> /etc/pam.d/login file or give me some advice on this one...

----- s n i p -----
auth		required	pam_nologin.so
auth		sufficient	pam_ldap.so
auth		required	pam_unix.so try_first_pass shadow
auth		required	pam_env.so

account		sufficient	pam_ldap.so
account		required	pam_unix.so try_first_pass shadow

session		required	pam_unix.so
session		optional	pam_lastlog.so
session		optional	pam_motd.so
session		optional	pam_mail.so standard noenv
session		required	pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/

password	required	pam_ldap.so

> Any help you can give me would be appreciated.  TIA.

I know it's difficult. It took me three or four tries (with about 5 months
between) before I got it to work... Don't quite WHY it worked finaly though.

Now I can 'mass-produce' machines that use LDAP as authentication db...