Re: If I change my ldbm-api, do I have to convert my files?

> From:  "Chris Garrigues" <cwg-oldap-sw@DeepEddy.Com>
> Date:  Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:35:41 -0500
>
> Except for having to rebuild my indices, that was basically it and my problem
> seems to really be solved this time (I hope).
>
> So, in summary, what I've done is to rebuild openldap to use both pth and gdbm
> instead of linuxthreads and db2, and I've rebuilt my databases.  (or, more
> accurately, I'm going to be rebuilding the databases on all my servers through
> the rest of the day by hand because I'm kinda scared of trying to automate
> this since all my automation stuff tends to rely on ldap working.

Just as a follow-up, I wanted to say that my problem is solved, and it also
"feels" faster although I have no data to back up that feeling.

I assume this is gdmb vs db2 that's made the performance difference.  Has
anybody done any benchmarking to compare different backends for LDAP?

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.