Re: help me

> Hi,
> I am new to LDAP and am running into trouble while configuring open-ldap
server.
> My machine is Solaris, and i  followed  the configuration procedures as
provided in INSTALL file. while starting to configure it said
"pthread_create has some incompactability with pthread.h --   look into
docs/hints for further rederence".   Some hints were also given to overcome
this under <open-ldap_ HOME>/docs/install/hints/Solaris then i tried with

> the command as given in hints :  env LIBS="-lpthread -lposix4" ./configure
.   I got the following error

> configure: warning: skipping automatic checking for NDBM, must be manually
enabl
> ed.
> configure: warning: could not find suitable LDBM backend
> configure: error: select appropriate LDBM options or disable
>

> Here this error i am unable to proceed futher I am also attaching
config.log file and the verbose generated and  when i tried to run the
> command : env LIBS="-lpthread -lposix4" ./configure
>
> Can anyone help me to overcome this problem.  Thanks for your reply
>
> Regards,
> Subramanian T

I ran into this same problem, by default I don't think Solaris comes with a
suitable database, you have to get one somewhere.  The one I used was from
http://www.sleepcat.com Berkley Database 2.7.7 (3.X won't work).

Also check out: http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/160.html

Jack