default database?

I am configuring an new instance of slapd. What I want to have happen is
that when someone searches w/out specifying which container, they by
default search on a particular Organization and Organizational Unit. I
have set up a config file specifying a suffix as follows:

suffix		"ou=MG, o=BWC"

But when I connect for a search, I still need to change my Search Base.
Is there any way to default to the search base specified in the suffix.
(I have tried removing the double-quotes, to no avail.)

Thanks
Stu