dn syntax, etc.

A couple of questions:

1. I am creating a contacts database for my users.  I am using dc=contact in
the dn for each entry (to differentiate from our staff list), which works
fine, but of course it doesn't really seem like a "domain component" to me.
Is there something better to use here?

2. I would like to add the name of the owner of the contact to the dn, so that
I can choose to search all contacts or just the owner's contacts by changing
the searchbase.  Is this possible?  I haven't figured out how to use an
"owner=" part of the dn.  Or am I way off base here?

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley, Lumeria, Inc.
Lead Systems Engineer