Re: Ldap Data Replication problem

One mistake I made on this:  If you use the rootdn to
send an update to the slave, it WILL allow updates.
This is because slurpd has to have access to do updates.
If you try to update with any other (non-root) dn, the
slave should return a referral to the master (not
accept the update, but tell the client to go to the
master).  At least, this is my understanding of it.

For one, I don't have any rules on the slave which allow
"write" permission, and I set up a "referral" line.  I'm
not sure that this is the proper way to do it, but it
seems to work.

Hope this helps.

-Jim