Re:

Fletcher E Kittredge wrote:

> Terry;
>
>         Before I go into the details of why I think you
> are wrong, I just want to make sure we are talking about:
>
> BSD/OS 4.1 from BSDI
>
> The platform is not FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD nor Linux.  BSD/OS has some
> significant differences from these platforms in these areas.  If it
> was not BSD/OS environment, I would agree with you.  With BSD/OS, I
> think you are off track.

Feel free to go into details; I'm familiar with all of
the BSD's, being the author of the 386BSD 0.1 patchkit,
which was the genesis of NetBSD (accidental) and FreeBSD
(on purpose).  I've also been a BSDI user since it was
first released.

I think the issues have less to do with the OS than they
do with the planned application, but I'm willing to hear
out an opposing view.

Regards,
-- Terry Lambert
-- Whistle Communications, Inc., an I.B.M. Company
-- terry@whistle.com
This is formal notice under California Assembly Bill 1629, enacted
9/26/98 that any UCE sent to my email address will be billed $50
per incident to the legally allowed maximum of $25,000.