RE: slapd on NT

We at Symas Corp have done substantial work on the NT port, using both VC++
6.0 and MingW32, but we've been using gdbm, not Berkeley DB. There is a
document on the OpenLDAP FAQ-O-Matic about how to configure and build on
Mingw32. If you have any specific questions, let me know. In general there's
nothing to edit or configure for the VC++ build. Also, in general, it's a
lot easier to deal with the whole system if you install cygwin to get the
Unix-like command environment.

  -- Howard Chu