slapd on NT

Hi,

A question for any NT people out there.  I've installed OpenLDAP 2.0 on NT along with version 2.7.7 of Sleepycat Software's Berkeley DB and built it using Visual C++ 6.0  I'm new to LDAP so I'm struggling with the configuration and generally just testing my installation as all test scripts and document is very Unix oriented.

Can someone tell me, what needs to be configured *before* building the source?  I don't have an ldapconfig.h.edit although I have modified ldap_config.nt.  When slapd is running which files does it use to pick up its configuration settings and are these settings statically linked or runtime settings?  I though it slapd.conf, but while it does look in this file it seems to getting environment settings from somewhere other than the environment or other config files. I got around this temporarily by hardcoding in the path for  the slapd.at.conf and slapd.ac.conf files but I'm worried that my settings in general are not correct.

Also, if there are any of you who have had to use slapd on NT  are you using the same version as myself?   I've no ldif2ldbm program, all the test scripts are for Unix, and in general I'm having no luck getting anything in the DB.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Aoife