Replication Scalability?

How many consumers should one expect to be able to keep fed with 6 or
12-hour scheduled replication with a dataset of, say, 10-100 MB, with
periodically scheduled replication moving <2MB, given bandwidth of, say,
1.544Mbps and hardware resources of a single PC w/450Mhz PIII w/128MB
memory?  I'm looking for a rough order of magnitude--say <10, 10-100+.

Just in raw bandwidth usage, it comes to about 12 secs for a transfer (10s
+ 2s (20%) protocol overhead); however, I do not know the overhead
required in the server itself.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                         wcooley@nakedape.cc
The LNX System: Linux for a 2U case.         http://lnxs.org

A man always remembers his first love with special tenderness, but after
that begins to bunch them.
		-- Mencken