Re: ldap_bind: No such object

aha, it's my fault. the quick start guide uses cleartext password
but says it is not recommended and doesn't say you should prefix
{CRYPT} if you use crypted password. I should have read more
docs.

Anyway, now it is getting better:

ldapadd -D "cn=manager, dc=quicknet, dc=net" -W < test.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry dc=quicknet, dc=net

adding new entry cn=manager, dc=quicknet, dc=net
ldap_add: No such object

I am wondering why I get "ldap_add: No such object". I searched
the FAQ and found
http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?_highlightWords=ldap%20add&file=157

It suggested to try "ldapsearch" and here is the output:
ldapsearch -b 'dc=quicknet, dc=net' -s base '(objectclass=*)'
dc=quicknet, dc=net
dc=quicknet
o=Quicknet Technologies Inc
objectclass=organization
objectclass=dcObject

This means the parent does exist, right?

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Frank