Re: Complex Group ACL "selfwrite" question

At 08:54 PM 2/11/00 -0700, Leslie M. Barstow III wrote:
>Ack.  Not hack!  Do you know if the Sendmail 8.10 code supports groups
>properly?  The vague information I've been able to glean from the Sendmail
>guide and from the FAQ-O-Matic pointers on OpenLDAP.org don't lend me to
>believe that it does...

Sendmail 8.10beta understands very little about LDAP schema.
A mapping is described as a single search.  Group expansion
may require multiple searches.   Though one might be able to
implementation such buy use of multiple mappings, to implement
the "general case" is rather involved.  You likely, however,
could implement a simple case (such groups which do not
contain groups) with just a few mappings... but the ruleset(s)
would be a bit trying.

Extending Sendmail to support "schema aware mappings" may actually
be easier to implement.