LDAP & Oracle problem

 I hacked up an AOLServer LDAP extension, from a tcl LDAP patch. It worked
quite well on it's own - it's just a .so file explicitly loaded by
AOLserver.

 However, it won't work when AOLServer's Oracle8 module is also loaded. It
took me ages to work out why. Oracle has a load of their own ldap_
functions, and some of those clashed. I would have expected some sort of
name space resolution, but there you have it.

 Have any of the openldap developers any idea how I could resolve this
(obviously I don't have access to the source of oracle's libclntsh.so that
causes the problem) ? I tryed to do a search & replace on every occurance
of ldap_ and replaced it with ol_ldap_ - but that made a mess of things -
the AOLServer hung on startup.

Kate