more about the other options just type in
./configure --help

Anyway a good guide would be the quick reference
guides at www.openldap.org

*************************
Andrew John Young
Programmer/Analyst
Maitland Smith
MEPZ,Lapu-Lapu
ayoung@ms-cebu.amanet.net
*************************

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Asfira Sagitri
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 5:32 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: ldapd

Hi all,
I'm a newbie in LDAP.
I was trying to install the OpenLDAP 1.2.9. The ANNOUNCEMENT file
suggested that this version also provides ldapd. So, I also included
--enable-ldapd=yes when doing the ./configure.
But after doing the configure, I got this message :

configure: warning: ldapd support deprecated. Manual intervention
required.

When the installation was over, I still haven't got any binary ldapd
installed in my computer.
I searched the FAQ but I still haven't got any answer to my problem.
What kind of "manual intervention" should I do ?

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you for your kind attention.

Best regards,

 -Fira-
Dept. of Electrical Engineering,
Institut Teknologi Bandung,