Re: any experience with DirectoryMark LDAP benchmark?

Hi,

    I have done a similar kind of test on OpenLDAP earlier May this year.  I loaded the database with 200,000 entry of orgPerson (Each entry is about 7KB) all at 3
level (ie c=.., o=.., ou=.., cn=...).  I was running the test server on a Pentium II box with 128 MB ram with RedHat 5.2.  This was meant to be a stress test with 10
copies of DirectoryMark running against it.  I can't remember the cache size that I was using.  But what I remember was that it still running after 24 hours and it has
reach >1 million query.  (Oh... 24 hours might not be great for you, but if you have run commercial servers and have them crashing on you after this kind of test, you
will know to appreciate.)

    My kind of query is simpler.  It is just (cn=xyz*) categories (That's tailing wildcard) on 1 level of search scope plus full DN reading a few attributes (ie, base
scope).  As it was a test for my project, these two kind of queries are mixed in a single run test.  The ratio of these two query was 35%:65%.

    The 65% might has thrown the reading out a lot, but I designed the test cases with respect to my actual usage patterns.

Cheers,
  Chee Hong.