From: John P. Looney [mailto:jplooney-ldap@online.ie]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 1999 9:45 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Where does slapd's database live ?

 I'm messing around with slapd, and because there isn't a shell command to
remove whole branches at a time, when I do something wrong (like add a
hundred users to the wrong branch), to get rid of everything, I'm wiping
the openldap directory, and /var/tmp/*dbb & reinstalling.

 Where is the slapd database ? Can I just stop slapd, delete it, and
restart to start with a fresh database ?

Kate

--
Microsoft. The best reason in the world to drink beer.
http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~valen