Re: Please help: select appropriate LDBM

At 08:28 AM 11/24/99 -0500, John Roberts wrote:

>When I run configure (see script that I use below) I get the following:
>
>checking for GDBM library... checking for gdbm_open... no
>checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... no

Check the config.log.  It should provide the details to why
this test failed.

>This is the script that I am using to run configure:
>
># cat go
>#!/bin/sh
>env CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/
>local/lib ac_cv_func_pthread_create=no ol_cv_kthread_flag=no \
>      ol_cv_pthread_flag=no ol_cv_pthreads_flag=no \
>      ol_cv_thread_flag=no ./configure --with-ldbm-api=gdbm

I'm not sure if messing with LD_LIBRARY_PATH is appropriate.
If needed for configure, then you'll also need to set this
when running 'make' as it is not dragged into the Makefiles
like CC, CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS are.