Re: Domain Name Suffix

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Glenn Takanishi wrote:

> We're running OpenLDAP 1.2.  I ran the tests after the sources were built.
> I think maybe ldbmcat must be part of Berkeley db.  The "db.2.x.README"
> file in the ldap/build directory says "...OpenLDAP configure tool will most
> probably find the correct configuration itself."
>
> GNU gdbm seems to be working fine ... and the beauty is that it's simple.
> (But it might be fun to look at Berkeley db. )

I also am using OpenLDAP 1.2 with GNU gdbm.. I have ldbmcat in
/usr/local/sbin on my system... the only thing that is installed in
/usr/local on this system is the OpenLDAP stuff that I installed, and the
source for ldbmcat is located in my OpenLDAP source tree under

  ./servers/slapd/tools/ldbmcat.c

I think that some of those tools don't get installed until after you go
through the tests.  I don't know why that is.

--
Derek D. Martin
Senior UNIX Systems/Network Administrator