[Date Prev][Date Next]
Domain Name Suffix
- To: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Domain Name Suffix
- From: Glenn Takanishi <ABtakagk@pacom.osis.gov>
- Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 10:47:43 -1000
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Organization: Open Source, Joint Intelligence Center Pacific
- References: <220.127.116.11.19991020064657.0093b180@localhost> <18.104.22.168.19991020064657.0093b180@localhost> <22.214.171.124.19991020192914.00973920@localhost>
Slapd runs better than I had imagined it would. But we need to
change the .com to .gov in everyones e-mail address.
Basically made the ldbm definitions in slapd.conf look like the
suffix "o=PACOM, c=US"
rootdn "cn=root, o=PACOM, c=US'
I built the database using "ldapadd -D "cn=root, o=PACOM, c=US" -w
secret < /tmp/myldif,
where myldif contained the people database info. It took a few hours to
build the database
for over 1000 people. I could build the database again with the proper
info for o and dc,
however, it's working fine on our network. The only problem is that the
domain name in
the database shows .com verses .gov in people's e-mail addresses.
So was wondering if we could just modify o and dc. I tried changing
slapd.conf and restarting
slapd, but that did not work. Could you suggest a solution?
Appreciate all that you are doing.