Re: SENDMAIL and mail500 delivery agent

My organization has thousands of users.  In an attempt to make management
of user accounts easier I have been assigned with creating an LDAP directory
service
for our relay mail server(mail hub).

I want to register all user accouts on the LDAP server which the
relay mail server(mail hub) will look up for email routing to our three mail
servers.
**That is, the mail hub will refer to LDAP to know to which
mail host(mail server) it should relay the mail for a particular user**  WHICH
AT THE SAME
TIME OFFERS A SECURITY FUNCTION AS MAIL SENT TO OR FROM A USER
NOT REGISTERED ON THE LDAP SERVER WILL NOT BE RELAYED THE MAIL BY THE
MAIL HUB** (Below is a basic diagram)

Upon reading the Man pages for mail500 I need to write a base array which
corresponds my LDAP.  HOWEVER, MY FIRST QUESTION IS
WHAT OBJECT CLASSES AND ATTRIBUTES DO I USE IN LDAP TO CONTAIN
THE EMAIL ADDRESS AND MAIL SERVER OF USERS?

At first, I thought I should use the "inetOrgPerson" objectclass as it has an
optional "mail" attribute and I thought that putting users of server1 as one
ou, and
users of server2 under another ou.  However, I am confused because the
example in the man page of mail500 does not use the mail attribute, it uses
"uid" and "cn".
Then again, there is a "rfc822mailbox"  which talks about maildrop and
........!

Please guide me in what I should do!  Is mail500 the best option here? and
how do I set up my LDAP objectclasses and attributes.

Thanks so very much for all your replies ...........I look forward to many
more!!
See ya,
Kristina

                                     Internet
                                        │
                                        │
                                        ↓
┌───┐                ┌───┐
│          │                │          │
│          │<-------> │          │
│          │                │          │
LDAP Server           Mail Hub for Entire Domain(domain.com)
                           (relays mail for user@server1.domain.com etc to
                        the appropriate server. This case, server1
                                        │
                                        │
                                        ↓
                                   Mail Server 1 or Mail Server2 or MailServ
er3

The end****