Re: acl question

Unfortunately, that won't work. serial is not a dn. I'm now starting to wish I
made the serial part of the dn but it's too late to make changes. Thanks for
the tip though.

On 28-Oct-99 Stuart Henderson wrote:
> Jason Bodnar wrote:
>>
>> I've got an acl quesiton like everybody else. I've read the UMich guide but
>> didn't really find an answer for my question.
>>
>> I have a tivoliPerson objectclass. Two of the many attributes of a
>> tivoliPerson
>> are serial and manager. Serial is usually something like 78901. Manager is
>> multivalued. It usually contains the manaers name (Joe Blow) and the
>> managers
>> serial number (78231).
>>
>> I want to grant access to managers so they can change entries where manager
>> ==
>> their serial number.
>
> Would dnattr be any use?
> http://www.umich.edu/~dirsvcs/ldap/doc/guides/slapd/5.html#RTFToC30

---
Jason Bodnar + jbodnar@tivoli.com + Tivoli Systems

Shelfware: The art of practicing one's skill to perfection without an audience
to appreciate it. -- Michelle Dear