Re: ldap_bind: Invalid credentials

At 11:19 AM 10/20/99 -0500, Jiang Yao wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I changed the sladp.conf file as you said.
>
>When I run ldapadd without <-w secret>, I get:
>
>ldap_add: DSA is unavailable
>ldap_add: additional info: Can't chase referral

Disable slapd default referral.  You'll then get an
error which will make more sense to you.

>After I use ldif2ldbm to creat the database files, I run ldapsearch.

Don't use ldif2ldbm to create databases.  Use ldapadd.  See
archives for reasons.

>ldap_search: No such object
>ldap_search: matched: c=US

Your server likely doesn't hold the search base, referred you to
the default referral, it likely doesn't have any knowledge of the
search base hence responded with NoSuchObject and provided what
portion of the base it did know.  Again, disable slapd default
referrals and the problem, misconfiguration, will likely become
much more apparent to you.

Your problem is likely inconsistent DN.  Make sure all DNs are
within the tree defined by the database suffix.  I recommend
you use:
	dc=ittc,dc=ukans,dc=edu
or, if you are responsible for all of ukans.edu:
	dc=ukans,dc=edu

If you do choose something under c=US (or other country),
make sure you register it with the appropriate authority.

>Need I change something in Makefile?

No.  I suggest you start over and follow our Quick Start Guide
step for step.
	http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=172

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>