Re: Binding process with Netscape

----- Original Message -----
From: Kurt D. Zeilenga <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
To: Louis Simon <louis@vircom.com>
Cc: <OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 1999 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: Binding process with Netscape

> This is covered in the FAQ:
>   http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=138
>
> > Is there special binding rules that applies with Netscape?
>
> Netscape Communicator, by default, does a (so-called)
> friendly bind.  That is, it uses the provided login name
> to select the bind DN.  Details are provided in document
> referenced in above FAQ answer.

Ok, I understand now. I done some modification and my bind is working fine
now, both with Netscape and Outlook Express.

Thank you for the info :)

Now, a strange behavior occurs with Netscape:

 When I perform a search,  I get a list of entries result, no problem there.
But when I click an entry to see the properties, Netscape open a new HTML
page and displays not the selected entry, but ALL the entries of my
database!

I found out that when I click an entry in the Netscape list, it's make a
search call to SLAPD. I found out that the search value of "fstr" in the
do_search() function is "(objectclass=*)".

Now, I don't understand why Netscape is sending me this value, since I have
only clicked on one entry.

Does anyone have any ideas on that?

Tks

Louis