RE: Long query times: OpenLDAP 1.2.7 + BDB 2.7.7 + Solaris 7

Kurt/List,

I took it from Kurt's previous comment:

> Newer versions of Solaris provide preemptive threading subsystems.
> OpenLDAP 1.x is designed to be used with non-preemptive threading
> subsystems.  I suggest you use --without-threads or a user-land
> thread package such as GNU Pth (http://www.gnu.org/software/pth/),
> Portable Threads, FSU Threads, or such.

That building with Pth was a common/simple thing to do.
>From a first pass at doing so, this isn't obviously the
case. I am tired, so I may be missing something obvious,
but if anyone has done this, and could provide pointers
as to the arguments to configure to do this it would be
appreciated.

Aside from that, I see from my readings (I'm a thread
novice), that using a userland thread package will mean
that I won't be able to take advantage of a multiprocessor
machine. This would be a great shame, as I'm planning
on using a dual CPU ultrasparc box to run the directory.
So, does anyone have any advice on how I can get a
multiprocessor utilising slapd using sleepycat DB, running
under Solaris 7?

Thanks,
Bernard.