RE: Long query times: OpenLDAP 1.2.7 + BDB 2.7.7 + Solaris 7

I took it from Kurt's previous comment:

> Newer versions of Solaris provide preemptive threading subsystems.
> OpenLDAP 1.x is designed to be used with non-preemptive threading
> subsystems.  I suggest you use --without-threads or a user-land
> thread package such as GNU Pth (http://www.gnu.org/software/pth/),
> Portable Threads, FSU Threads, or such.

That building with Pth was a common/simple thing to do.
>From a first pass at doing so, this isn't obviously the
case. I am tired, so I may be missing something obvious,
but if anyone has done this, and could provide pointers
as to the arguments to configure to do this it would be

Aside from that, I see from my readings (I'm a thread
novice), that using a userland thread package will mean
that I won't be able to take advantage of a multiprocessor
machine. This would be a great shame, as I'm planning
on using a dual CPU ultrasparc box to run the directory.
So, does anyone have any advice on how I can get a
multiprocessor utilising slapd using sleepycat DB, running
under Solaris 7?