maildb2ldif strangeness...

I have two questions.

 1. The maildb2ldif program keeps saying:
    "id XXX already in next block" where
    XXX is a number. I can't seem to figure
    out where in the source its produced
    or what it means ?

 2. Occasionally (betweenn db-builds), when
    I try to start slapd it says the following:

=> ldbm_cache_open( "/mail-spool/ldap-db/dn2id.dbb", 514, 600 )
<= ldbm_cache_open NULL "/mail-spool/ldap-db/dn2id.dbb" errno 79 reason
"Inappropriate file type or format")
<= dn2id could not open dn2id.dbb

    The slapd.conf I'm using is the same
    used to build the database. Any ideas ?
TIA,
-- carl
Carl Moberg, <carl@telia.net>               CM551-RIPE
Telia Network Services                       CM2-6BONE