Re: disabling dn substring index

Related topic: For _each_ filter component which has an index file,
back-*/filterindex.c seems to fetch the IDs of _all_ entries matching
that component.  (Including the implicit DN filter which finds all
entries in the scope of the search.)  The only short-circuit of this
process that I can see is when a component of an AND filter does not
match anything.

So we need some heuristics to decide which index files to apply first in
a filter, and to decide when the result set is small enough that slapd
should quit using index files and instead use the filter directly.

--
Hallvard