Re: LDAP/mail interaction

On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 10:50:00AM -0400, Jeff Clowser wrote:
> I am looking for options for a complete, Open Source mail
> solution that uses LDAP to store all user/auth info.
>
> I want to create a "black box" mail server - i.e users
> don't have unix accounts on the server - they have to
> access everything through smtp/pop/imap, with auth/config
> determined/managed via LDAP as much as possible.
>
> Are there alternatives, including alternatives that have
> pop/imap/smtp in one package?

There is patch for Qmail <http://www.qmail.org> which allows totally control
SMTP delivery and POP3 (including automatic creation of mailboxes). Take a
look at <http://www.nrg4u.com/> for description of this patch.

Looks a way more flexible then sendmail solution

Regards,

--
Adrian Pavlykevych 			email: 		<pam@polynet.lviv.ua>
System Administrator			phone/fax:	+380 (322) 742041