Re: client tools not working?

Thanks for the helpful suggestions.  Unfortunately, I was giving any and
all command line switches to ldapsearch/ldapadd.  They never even open up
a socket to my server.

> Try (on box running slapd)
>   ldapsearch -h localhost:389 -b 'SUFFIX' 'objectclass=*' objectclass

I gave that command on localhost, and it died with ldap_bind: can't
contact LDAP server.  I went to a remote machine, and gave that command,
and it worked fine.  I'm not sure why my local compiled tools just die
immediately without ever trying.  I'll keep looking into it.

ps I also configured my tools with ldap.conf just to try that, and same