Re: Backend DB

Angela Liang wrote:

> OpenLDAP supports LDBM as backend DB. What is LDBM? What is the
> difference between LDBM with RDBM?
>
> What can I do if we want to use Sybase? How much work involved?

My personal opinion is that it is far beter to keep data in your RDBMS
and export/synchronize them to ldap. Your RDBMS is then your internal DB
and ldap used for publishing of data that does not change to much.

In this case the amount of work depend of course of of the method you
use to export your data to the ldap. It could be:

- a script running 1/day,
- an export via odbc,
- a trigger in the DB, -> i would prefer this one ;-)

Marc Jadoul