newbie: no results using filter "objectclass=*"

Hello!

I have compiled the sources on my Linux System and everything went alright:
there were no errors in testing the installation. So I just made all the steps
mentioned in
the "The SLPAD and SLURPD Administrator's Guide", section "A Quick Start
Guide To Running SLAPD". And these are the results:

root@Klapperkiste~/ldap# ldapsearch -v -h 127.0.0.1 'objectclass=*'
ldap_open( 127.0.0.1, 0 )
filter pattern: objectclass=*
returning: ALL
filter is: (objectclass=*)
ldap_search: Can't contact LDAP server
ldap_search: additional info: Referral:
ldap://ldap.itd.umich.edu
0 matches

myslapd.conf
============
referral ldap://ldap.itd.umich.edu
database ldbm
suffix   "o=SGZ-Bank, c=DE"
rootdn   "cn=Martin Strohbach, o=SGZ-Bank, c=DE"
rootpw secret

myldif
======
dn: o=SGZ-Bank, c=DE
o: SGZ-Bank
objectclass: organization

dn: cn=Martin Strohbach, o=SGZ-Bank, c=DE
cn: Martin Strohbach
sn: Strohbach
mail: uk73@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
objectclass: person

Probably it is just a simple mistake. Thank you for
any help.

--